Senior Features Writer / Editor
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Features Writer / Editor, HGTV
Make your home your happy place-that's our motto at HGTV Magazine. With a fun, friendly approach, we spotlight real homes across the country, sharing tons of creative, doable ideas, from curb appeal boosts to pretty paint colors. We inspire readers to create a home they love, providing real-life solutions in an upbeat, engaging way. We also shine a spotlight on the top HGTV stars, who provide tips and helpful advice in every issue. HGTV Magazine has a loyal 1M subscribers and is a top-10 best-selling monthly magazine on newsstands. We are now looking for a senior features writer/editor to join our team. Our ideal candidate has a lively writing style and a passion for home and lifestyle content (and, of course, HGTV).
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Write a variety of home and lifestyle stories spanning all of our print magazine sections
• Edit magazine features as well as one of our most popular columns, ''How Bad Is It?''
• Interview homeowners and HGTV talent
• Work with our HGTV network partners on potential stories and assorted initiatives
• Brainstorm new ideas (and join in on some fascinating discussions about throw pillows!)
Who you are:
• A writer/editor with a fun, lively, conversational tone and 5 years of professional experience, preferably in the home and/or lifestyle space
• A strong reporter and researcher
• A highly organized individual who can multitask assignments
• A creative individual who loves to come up with new ideas
• Familiarity with InCopy and Woodwing is a plus