Senior Engineer, Design Systems
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/8/2021 8:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Engineer, Design Systems jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Engineer, Design Systems postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Engineer, Design Systems? Your Impact
Media Platforms (the technology arm of Hearst Magazines and its subsidiaries) is looking for a Senior Engineer, Design Systems. This role will be at the forefront of exploring, demonstrating, and validating new product concepts that enhance the way we serve our global audience of over 500 million monthly visitors for diverse editorial brands such as ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Men's Health, Women's Health, Runner's World, Oprah Magazine, House Beautiful and more. Your focus will be on developing and implementing design system tools and strategies for a growing group of content creators, publishing businesses, not-for-profit and eCommerce brands.
At Media Platforms, our technology, tools, services and solutions touch hundreds of millions of lives by driving experiences, and growing businesses. Our team of engineers, product managers, data scientists and designers build a suite of products to lead the way in shaping and managing the future of publishing.
What you'll do
• Lead feature implementation and strategy for design systems in our media platform. Collaborate with creators, product managers, engineers, and provide oversight and direction to product designers.
• Own and elevate design system strategy and implementation with technology.
• Find ways to enhance the Product Design process by devising new tools and processes for Product Designers to increase fidelity and accelerate concept validation.
• Work with Engineering counterparts to find ways to take designs from concepts to production at scale.
• Leverage systems thinking in your approach to solving problems quickly and efficiently, helping your teammates avoid redundant work and lost time.
• Evangelize prototyping as a critical part of the product development process
• Convert emerging product concepts into tangible interactive prototypes.
• Drive conceptualization of future features and experiences leveraging rapid-prototyping principles.
• Be a leader in recruiting for and further defining the role of Design Engineer at Hearst.
• Initiate and organize design systems discussion and evangelize across Hearst Magazines and the wider design community.
• Mentor other product designers & engineers in your area of expertise, and seek mentorship from the wider organization with an eye towards pushing boundaries and keeping your skills up to date with the latest/best practices for our discipline.
Who you are
• 6 years professional experience designing and/or building web or mobile products that have been fully implemented and released to a consumer or business market.
• Strong experience prototyping and building user interfaces with modern web technologies such as React or Vue, and modular, component-based applications.
• Experience developing and working with design systems tools and processes.
• Proven, production-quality knowledge of contemporary digital product design tools and technologies. This could include Figma, Sketch, HTML, CSS, JS, React, Storybook and Git.
• Strong knowledge of accessibility best practices for design and software development
• You've designed end to end product experiences for web and mobile applications
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including agile development, code reviews, documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting.
• Strong systems thinking, information architecture, and interaction design skills.
• Great communication skills - you're able to clearly articulate ideas and work with designers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to drive progress.
• Growth mindset and a desire to learn, teach, and mentor.
• Professional experience working with front-end design systems, responsive design principles, modern engineering workflows and design systems.
Our ideal candidate
• Prefers teamwork and collaborative, interdisciplinary design practices.
• Writes and/or presents on design systems.
• Eagerness to learn, a track record for being self-driven, and experience managing multiple projects at the same time.
• Interest and excitement about problem solving and complex systems.
• Aptitude for shipping and able to balance quality and time
#LI-AL1 This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.