Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Editor, Prevention
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Delish. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Prevention is looking for a senior editor who is passionate about health and wellness. In this role, you will write and edit daily SEO content, conceive and execute major features, contribute to print and special projects, and play a crucial role in the brand's growth strategy. You should be experienced making science-backed advice relatable and compelling while maintaining strict accuracy; you should also be able to demonstrate sound judgment when it comes to topics and sources. We also expect our senior editor to be skilled in using data analytics as well as creative in her/his thinking. Please note: For consideration, resumes just be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Write, assign, and edit top-quality health and wellness content, including daily news and SEO stories
• Create compelling features from idea to final product
• Work closely with the deputy editor and editor-in-chief on brand strategy
• Monitor and fulfill traffic and membership goals
Who you are:
• You have 5 years of post-grad editing and writing experience in digital and print consumer editorial
• You have a strong background in health and wellness
• You love to get the details right, but you can also think about the big picture