Senior Editor, Performance Content
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/6/2023 9:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Editor, Performance Content jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Editor, Performance Content postings
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S. - including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics - inspires, entertains and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst Magazines is seeking a strong editor, who is comfortable working on content across a variety of brands, including Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Women's Health, ELLE, Good Housekeeping, and more. This position is part of a growing editorial team that supports LIFT, an audience engagement group that grows Hearst Magazines' digital readership through paid social and search promotions.
This role takes on daily assigning and editing, as well as occasionally writing, across a wide spectrum of topics - from travel to health to pets and beyond. We're looking for someone who can lead the charge in identifying new areas of opportunity to explore, and guiding the resulting coverage from ideation to publication. You should feel comfortable wearing many hats, and be just as excited to use data and reporting tools to inform packaging as you are to mentor and guide writers and other editorial team members.
What you'll do:
• Work closely with our central editorial team's senior staff to conceive and publish content across 20 Hearst Magazines websites
• Edit 2-3 stories per day across many verticals (travel, health, home, etc.) and formats (shopping listicles, reported service articles, etc.) and write occasionally
• Assign 10-15 stories per month to freelance writers
• Help identify new areas of opportunity for coverage; lead the content strategy and execution in partnership with the Director of Performance Content
• Work with editorial teams to ensure all new ideas are a fit for their brand and that stories adhere to each sites' unique voice and style
• Field questions from editorial teams and join brainstorms to ideate new content to create
• Monitor traffic and performance to understand what's working and why to help inform areas of growth
Who you are:
• 5 years of experience as a writer or editor for digital, with a minimum of 1 year as a top editor
• Strong writing/editing skills and a talent for quick turn-around on clean, voicey, accurate copy
• Comfortable editing and writing across a variety of lifestyle subjects and able to adapt voice and style to match brands and audiences
• A strong understanding of SEO and social media best practices and how to package a story for different platforms and different audiences
• Experience with editorial reporting tools, such as Google Analytics and SEMRush, and the ability to translate insights into action
• Top-notch organization and communication skills and ability to stay on top of day-to-day details, while interacting with multiple teams
The base salary for this role is between $74,000 and $89,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.