Senior Editor, Expert Reviews
Hearst MagazinesEaston, PA
This was removed by the employer on 10/12/2021 9:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Editor, Expert Reviews jobs in Easton-PA
Search all Senior Editor, Expert Reviews postings
Full Time Job
Senior Editor, Expert Reviews (Enthusiast Group)
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
The Hearst Magazines Enthusiast Group is looking for a versatile, data-motivated Senior Editor to join our growing Expert Reviews team to assign, produce, and edit reviews for Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, and Bicycling. Working with the Expert Reviews deputy editor, this position will be an editorial force creating highly credible, immensely useful, product recommendations and reviews. This position is also responsible for growing our network of expert contributors, publishing multiple stories per day, ensuring that each meets the quality, credibility, and usefulness that our readers and members expect from us.
This person must be obsessed with consumer products and be confident assigning and editing across several verticals, including tech, tools, gaming, running shoes, cycling gear, appliances, fitness equipment, home goods, and more. You will have 5 years of experience guiding editorial content and be enthusiastic about applying your SEO and affiliate-commerce experience and best practices to assign, edit, and publish authoritative, trustworthy, and highly successful reviews that meet our readers' needs and our group's goals.
The ideal Senior Editor needs to be highly collaborative, understand the needs of our diverse audiences, dedicated to high-quality product journalism and to be able to discern useful, credible review copy from marketing fluff. Our audience is highly capable. You should be confident informing them, inspiring them, empowering them, equipping them, and connecting them with the tools, gear, tech, accessories, and resources they need.
This position is located in Easton, Pennsylvania. For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do:
• Assign, edit, and update Expert Reviews across a range of product categories, prioritizing authenticity with search and commerce best practices.
• Support search and commerce goals with a flexible mindset and the ability to change course quickly.
• Collaborate with our testing team and staff experts for product suggestions, brand recommendations, insights, and guidance. We have decades of experience at our disposal, and we embrace that to guarantee all content is authentic.
• Enhance the user experience through creative layout, clever copy, strategizing with the photo department, and choosing retailers appropriately.
• Seek out and develop a network of freelancers and product experts who can produce product reviews quickly and credibly based on their experience and sound product journalism.
• Use Google Analytics and our data-management platform to optimize for affiliate revenue.
Who You Are:
• You have a minimum of 5 years editing or writing for a digital publication, ideally focused on gear-related product reviews or similar content.
• You have expertise and/or a passion for/interest in gear or a similar vertical.
• You have a flexible mindset; we pivot and reprioritize quickly.
• You have a thorough understanding of SEO and commerce content best practices and experience turning those best practices into actionable insights.
• You are comfortable in a fast-paced digital environment.
• You have high editorial standards and instincts.
• You are a strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and blurbs.
• You have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
• You have the ability to collaborate and foster positive relationships with colleagues.
• You have experience working within a CMS.