Senior Culture Editor
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Culture Editor, Esquire
Esquire is looking for a Senior Culture Editor, who will be responsible for leading and shaping its coverage both online and in print. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding and passion for film, TV, and music. This is a vital role for Esquire, and this person will be charged with both capturing the Zeitgeist as well as defining it. The position is based in New York and will report to Esquire's Articles Director.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do:
• Assign, edit, and occasionally write stories for the culture section of Esquire.com as well as the print magazine, including cover stories, profiles, reported features, and explainers.
• Manage a team of editors and writers who produce daily content for Esquire.com.
• Pitch stories for Esquire's six print issues.
• Think big picture in terms of how Esquire's coverage of culture should evolve.
• Work with the editor-in-chief, as well as other senior-level editors and SEO managers, to develop and execute a digital strategy.
• Help evolve Esquire's membership strategy.
Who You Are:
• You have at least five years of experience editing, assigning, and writing stories.
• You have a deep understanding of digital media.
• You are obsessed with entertainment.
• You have a rich and diverse rolodex of writers.
• You have an understanding of SEO best practices.
• You are a skilled manager.