Senior Culture Editor, Esquire
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2021 7:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Culture Editor, Esquire jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Culture Editor, Esquire postings
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Esquire is looking for a Senior Culture Editor, who will be responsible for leading and shaping its coverage both online and in print. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding and passion for film, TV, and music. This is a vital role for Esquire, and this person will be charged with both capturing the Zeitgeist as well as defining it. The position is based in New York and will report to Esquire's Articles Director.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do:
• Assign, edit, and occasionally write stories for the culture section of Esquire.com as well as the print magazine, including cover stories, profiles, reported features, and explainers.
• Manage a team of editors and writers who produce daily content for Esquire.com.
• Pitch stories for Esquire's six print issues.
• Think big picture in terms of how Esquire's coverage of culture should evolve.
• Work with the editor-in-chief, as well as other senior-level editors and SEO managers, to develop and execute a digital strategy.
• Help evolve Esquire's membership strategy.
Who You Are:
• You have at least five years of experience editing, assigning, and writing stories.
• You have a deep understanding of digital media.
• You are obsessed with entertainment.
• You have a rich and diverse rolodex of writers.
• You have an understanding of SEO best practices.
• You are a skilled manager.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after November 15, 2021, be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.