Senior Commerce Editor, Prevention
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/16/2023 7:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Commerce Editor, Prevention jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Commerce Editor, Prevention postings
Full Time Job
Prevention is looking for a full-time Senior Commerce Editor. In this role, you will write daily SEO-driven stories and keep top-earning commerce stories up to date. You will interview a wide variety of experts to determine the best recommendations for Prevention's audience and assess health and wellness (beauty, personal care, fitness, etc.) products. You'll use your product expertise to contribute to the print magazine and steer the brand's awards programs. You will also need to look at the big picture, and work closely with the digital director to help strategize for the best ways to meet and exceed Prevention's commerce goals.
You should be comfortable using data analytics tools to monitor traffic and commerce performance, with a willingness to learn more in this role, and have industry experience in all things traffic and affiliate revenue data. The Prevention team is a small, ambitious group that is eager to welcome a new team player.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Conceive, plan, and execute top-quality shopping content
• Interview experts and write informative, engaging copy
• Liaise with the centralized commerce team on behalf of Prevention to strategize around major shopping events throughout the year, following Hearst's best practices and strategies, with support from our associate commerce editor
• Assist digital director in monitoring and fulfilling annual affiliate revenue goals
• Experiment to learn: Work closely with the digital director and associate commerce editor to strategize commerce growth opportunities and lead experimentation in the category-whether through franchises, series, new platforms, or other venues
• Co-lead Prevention's 2023 Product Awards Programs (which appear in print and digital) with Prevention's EIC
Who you are:
• You ideally have 4-5 years of writing experience (and 2-3 years of editing experience) in digital media with a particular emphasis on commerce content
• You are a fast writer who contributes clean, thorough content
• You have a demonstrated interest in health and wellness
• You are eager to help support and grow talent on the team
• You enjoy research and reporting as much as building compelling commerce content
• You have reporting skills and the confidence and ability to identify and interview experts
• You have SEO experience and analytics experience ( familiarity with Google Analytics, Looker, Skimlinks, or similar reporting tools is a plus)
The base salary for this role is between $80,000 and $85,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.