Senior Commerce Editor, Commerce Team
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2022 6:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Commerce Editor, Commerce Team jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Commerce Editor, Commerce Team postings
Full Time Job
The Hearst Magazines Commerce Team is looking for a senior commerce editor to pitch, write, assign, and edit commerce content. This content would be for our portfolio of lifestyle and enthusiast brands, including Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar, Delish, Good Housekeeping, and Men's Health. The ideal person for this role is obsessed with online shopping and finding the newest up-and-coming products-including buzzy items for the home, the most helpful new appliances, the latest health tools, beauty must-haves, popular techy stuff, cool kids' stuff, and more. You should feel confident packaging these stories for search success with compelling imagery, attention-grabbing headlines, and clear copy. Even better: You're a pro at diving into data and using reporting tools to inform voice-y, super shareable articles.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of merchants across a wide variety of categories, including home, fitness, style, tech, and more. You should be skilled at making data-driven decisions and seeking out new opportunities based on audience opportunities as well as managing updates around our existing catalog of content. This position will report to the director of commerce.
Please note that for consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Manage a team of commerce editors and writers who produce and update 50 commerce stories per week
• Work closely with our editorial teams to top-edit content to ensure it fits the brand's voice and style while maintaining SEO and commerce best practices
• Develop and execute content strategies for new search opportunities and maintain our existing catalog of SEO content
• Lead the team's plans for major search & shopping moments and events throughout the year
• Track performance of content to inform and execute new areas of growth and increase commerce revenue
Who you are:
• Someone with a bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience creating and editing lifestyle content at a digital-first outlet; strong preference for candidates with a background in commerce content, as well as for candidates with management experience
• A sharp writer and editor with strong editing and optimization skills
• Able to understand analytics and translate them into editorial action; familiarity with Google Analytics, Looker, Skimlinks, SEM Rush, or similar reporting tools is a plus
• Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and comfortable leading strategy for a team of writers
• Well-versed in building strong relationships and explaining complex topics in simple terms
• Available to work major shopping holidays
The base salary for this role is between $75,000 and $85,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.