Data Quality Assurance Analyst
Hearst MagazinesCenter Valley, PA
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines Digital Media reaches more than 100 million people around the world every month on digital platforms connected to loved and trusted brands like Cosmopolitan, Delish, Esquire, Elle, Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, and 29 television stations.
It's the stability of a big company with the nimble and forward-looking feel of a startup. This is a great place to work!
You'll join a diverse, supportive community of engineers who are creating a modern content technology stack - built from the ground up - to give our users, editors, and advertisers tools that enable them to tell amazing stories. We're using modern web technologies to do this and building an open, service-oriented platform driven by APIs. We believe in crafting simple, elegant solutions to complex technological and product problems. Our platform is built on AWS and Kubernetes with deployments automated through a Slack bot.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate, QA Analyst who is eager to learn and contribute to team success. It's an exciting time here as we establish a fully scalable platform to meet the needs of our users, editors, and distribution channels around the world.
We believe strongly in test-driven development – and also rely heavily on our QA Analysts for prioritization, escalation, and to assure that we maintain the highest standards for our award-winning sites and distribution channels. Your work will reflect on the amazing products that are enjoyed by millions every day.
This QA Analyst will be an integral part of our data team, working with engineers, product managers and other QA team members. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining, executing and writing SQL queries, reporting new bugs and troubleshooting issues across the suite of data services. The ideal candidate will work closely with software engineers and product managers to ensure data integrity and accuracy in all the products we are delivering.
In addition, this person will:
• Ensure proper auditing, logging, and notifications on our data pipelines are place.
• Review accuracy of data visualizations (front-end) reporting.
• Ensure that work being done meets business requirements and acceptance criteria
We also have a strong preference for candidates with:
• SQL proficiency
• Experience or knowledge with ETL, ELT, BI Tools and how to test end-to-end pipelines. (Looker, Stitch)
• Understanding of data modeling and big data solutions. (Big Query, S3 buckets, etc. )
• Strong spreadsheet skills (Excel, Google Sheets, etc) and the ability to manipulate large data sets.
• Experience with working with api's and endpoints (utilization of tools like postman, paw)
• Experience with data formats like JSON, XML, etc.
• Experience with scripting languages like Python a plus.
What are some of the job functions of this position?
• Design & develop repeatable, automated test cases. (nice to have but not critical function)
• Collaborate with engineer on data pipeline documentation.
• Interact with the Product Owner and Technical Lead to ensure suitable understanding of requirements.
• Assist product owner in continuous quality improvement of data products (feedback loop for user consumed data)
• Strong passion for working with data and data analytics.