Quality Assurance Analyst
Hearst MagazinesEmmaus, PA
Full Time Job
Hearst Digital Media encompasses beloved properties across a wide breadth of lifestyle content from Cosmopolitan.com and Elle.com to Esquire.com and Delish.com.
It's the stability of a big company with the nimble and forward-looking feel of a startup. This is a great place to work!
We're a team of smart and driven folks who like what we do and enjoy coming together on projects that are helping push Hearst forward. It's an exciting time here as we establish a fully scalable platform to meet the needs of our users, editors, and distribution channels around the world.
We believe strongly in test-driven development – and also rely heavily on our manual and functional QA Analysts for prioritization, escalation, and to assure that we maintain the highest standards for our award-winning sites and distribution channels. Your work will reflect on the amazing products that are enjoyed by millions every day!
The ideal candidate lives and breathes testing and enjoys learning how everything works.
In addition, this person will
• Be comfortable working in a continuous integration environment
• Find and log critical & non-critical bugs
• Determine criticality of issues and communicate effectively
• Be comfortable and enjoy working in a team-focused agile environment
• Have experience with ticketing systems, such as Jira & version control repository, Github
• Partner with cross-functional teams to support sites and services
• Help to create and maintain multiple levels of scripted tests, based on product specifications and user data, to maintain the right combination of operating systems and browsers (based on user data)
We also have a strong preference for candidates with
• at least 3 yrs of previous experience
• some experience writing SQL queries
• Have experience working with data reports and verifying data
• Experience testing and working with APIs and micro-services
• Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills
• High degree of efficiency and motivation in work habits in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Committed to meeting testing deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical team members.
• Enjoyment and success in mentoring others
• A strong sense of ownership and the need to see things through
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• A love of digital media and an interest in navigating the changing landscape