Product Manager, Subscription
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst's Media Platforms division is Hearst's internal product, technology and design group, which spans across both CDS Global and Hearst Magazines. CDS Global is a business process solutions provider that uses its unique data and technology assets to support the entire consumer lifecycle of major publishers.
As a Product Manager, you will participate in the development and product management of a digital and physical subscription management platform for Hearst's Media Platforms division and their customers. In this role, you will have the opportunity to play a critical part in the digital transformation of a world-leading media company, by developing new subscription products within a new platform designed to support Hearst's global media businesses.
What You'll Do
• You will get the opportunity to drive product execution on a team dedicated to building products focused on a subscription management platform that will be leveraged across both online and offline channels.
• You will analyze, determine and prioritize target customer, end-user, and internal stakeholder needs.
• You will develop strategies and execute plans to drive usage and business value.
• You will get the opportunity to own overall metrics around product usage and customer acquisition.
• You will define and communicate a portion of the product roadmap aligned with company objectives, and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
• You will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to build momentum and alignment, and shepherd product concepts through execution, validation and adoption.
• You will ensure appropriate customer research, usability testing and rapid iteration. You will also ensure a valuable and productive user experience.
• You will document, validate and prioritize product specifications within an Agile/SCRUM development environment.
• You will be able to lead build vs. buy evaluations for key integrations ensuring we are investing prudently in core competencies and technologies and partnering where more appropriate.
• You will have the opportunity to partner closely with marketing teams, focusing on leveraging both existing and new technologies and products to support audience creation and activation across channels.
• You will manage requirements for multiple internal and external customer databases, as well associated marketing automation tools and processes.
Who You Are
• You have 2-5 years in Internet/Web/Mobile product management, with expertise in managing and/or building consumer-facing subscription products.
• You have experience with subscription management and product fulfillment platforms.
• You have familiarity with at least one or more enterprise-class Subscription Management and billing platform such as Zuora, Aria, Billing Platform, GoTransverse or equivalent internal technology.
• You have familiarity with digitally focused subscription management and payment platforms such as Piano, Stripe, Recurly or others.
• You have a proven track record of owning the full product life cycle in a fast-paced, Agile environment. You should also have a proven track record of shipping highly successful products.
• You have the ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines.
• You are customer focused and deeply understand the market and unmet needs. You love to create and deliver outstanding products that delight customers, and you are passionate about constant innovation.
• You are highly collaborative. You build trust and strong relationships at all levels, influence without formal authority, push back when appropriate, earn respect, and respect the contributions of others.
• You are an excellent communicator. You articulate the product strategy and roadmap and structure the problem at hand. You have experience and are comfortable gaining alignment and in presenting to senior executives.
• You are a strategic thinker. You understand business objectives and convert them into clear product plans, following through with execution.
• You are analytical and results orientated. You use hard data to assess opportunities; you are metrics driven, ruthless in prioritization, and can overcome obstacles to drive business outcomes.
• You are driven and you motivate others. You take initiative, set context, listen and find compromises, and drive for clarity. You are relentless, hard-working, and self-accountable.
• You understand technology and keep up with the latest trends. You work with implementation teams to adapt to technical constraints without compromising end-user solutions.
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, concurrently manage multiple initiatives, and always remain optimistic.
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent. An MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.