Product Manager, Performance Marketing
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, Car and Driver, Road & Track, Runner's World, and many more. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video, and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing media for the 21st century.
Hearst's Media Platforms division (www.mediaplatforms.hearst.com) is Hearst's internal product, technology, and design group, spanning both CDS Global and Hearst Magazines.
This dynamic group is seeking an exceptional Product Manager to own and develop a set of tools designed to support Hearst Magazine Media's paid audience strategy. You will own the set of tools that support Performance Marketing within the context of Hearst Magazine Media's publishing platform, which powers all its consumer-facing websites.
With the resources of a dedicated software development team, this Product Manager will build innovative technology solutions that will drive significant revenue for Hearst Magazines and will directly influence the direction of this exciting and rapidly changing area of the business, which we internally refer to as ''LIFT.''
Do you understand big-picture vision yet have the drive and attention to detail to execute, ship, and iterate on complex features and functionality? If so, we invite you to apply.
Here You Will:
• Innovate, ideate, and create alongside a group of talented technologists, leveraging the resources of a successful, well-known business combined with the nimbleness and forward-looking feel of a startup.
• Collaborate with data professionals, designers, software engineers, content creators, and expert traffic buyers to drive the business activities of Hearst Magazines Media's Performance Marketing team
• Be the Product Owner for a full-stack development team, participating in all aspects of the Agile development process, including SCRUM ceremonies, and owning all epics, stories, and associated research, documentation, and other artifacts.
• Convert business requirements into easily understood epics, stories, and acceptance criteria
• Define and communicate the Performance Marketing product roadmap, aligning with company goals, supported by business cases, market research, customer data, technical capabilities, and competitive analysis
• Work together with Performance Marketing stakeholders to build momentum and alignment on a shared vision:
• including Product Managers across Hearst Magazine Media's content, creation, data, commerce, and monetization verticals, in order to integrate the Performance Marketing tools effectively across our full technology stack
• Shepherd product concepts through testing, execution, validation, and adoption
• Perform build vs. buy evaluations for key integrations, ensuring we're investing prudently in core competencies and technologies and partnering where more appropriate
Bring You Your:
• Knowledge in Digital Product Management-managing building consumer-facing products within enterprise-grade technology platforms
• Experience with paid marketing tools, ideally across SEM, social, and content marketing, e.g. Facebook Ads, Snap Ads, Bing, AdWords, Taboola, Outbrain, etc.
• Familiarity with digital media and publishing technology with Content management systems, Web-Based, Front-End, Web Marketing analytics data, programmatic advertising, affiliate commerce, and A/B or multivariate testing tools
• Comfort working with distributed teams across multiple time zones
• Proven track record in shipping highly successful products
• Sense of ownership-full responsibility through the product life cycle in a fast-paced, Agile environment
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once highly successful products deadlines
• Extensive cross-functional and stakeholder exposure and management
• Leadership Attributes-takes responsibility from inception to outcome by determining needs, aligning priorities, delivering to market, measuring outcomes, and seeking to build upon success
• Customer focus-deeply understands the market and unmet needs
• Loves to create and deliver outstanding products that delight customers
• Passion for constant innovation and to highly successful products
• Collaboration-building trust and strong relationships at all levels, influences without formal authority, pushing back when appropriate, earning respect while respecting and understanding the contributions of others
• Interpersonal communication- articulating the product strategy and roadmap presenting to senior executives
• Strategic thinking, understands business goals and converts them into clear product plans, follows through with execution
• Critical Thinking and analytical point of view, using hard data to assess opportunities, metrics-driven, masterful in prioritization, overcomes obstacles to drive business outcomes
• Motivation to guide others with enthusiasm and passion, taking initiative, sets the context, listens, and finds compromises, drives for clarity, and accountability
• Technical acumen-keeping current with the latest trends and working with implementation teams to adapt to technical constraints without compromising end-user solutions
• Optimism and comfort with ambiguity and providing solutions