Product Manager, Content Distribution Platform
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Join the Hearst Digital Media team as a Product Manager working on our distribution service, which drives the off-platform reach of content from iconic brands like Harper's Bazaar, Esquire, Elle and Cosmopolitan.
We're looking for a driven, ambitious problem solver to help expand the products that we offer to global partners. You will be building new features, helping the business reach new audiences and optimizing one of our core products.
In this role, you will:
• Develop deep understanding of the data structure of Hearst's publishing platform and how it translates into partner feed structure
• Work directly and collaboratively with our Audience Development and Partnerships teams to define and prioritize initiatives that will expand Hearst's audience across our distribution partnerships
• Define epics, stories and sprint goals with your Tech Lead and Scrum Team
• Articulate the business cases for new features to your scrum team
• Translate technical details to non-technical stakeholders with ease
• Read and understand technical specs from partners and understand what our platform supports and what requires new development
• Represent the team's interests in building maintainable, scalable solutions that also meet business requirements
• Troubleshoot incoming issues from internal users and distribution partners
• Represent the distribution platform at meetings with both new and existing partners
• Understand the impact that new features in our publishing platform will have on our distribution feeds and work with Product Managers to ensure that they are aware of how new features affect distribution
• Act as the first point of contact for user questions and requests.
• Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for all features of our distribution platform
• You have a working understanding of XML and JSON data formats for feeds
• You have experience with SQL and are adept at using queries to discover the finer details related services, to get the root of challenging bugs, and to provide information to stakeholders
• You're comfortable digging into technical specs
• You have a desire to get deep into the details of how services interact with and impact each other
• You like to geek out over data integrity and best practices for data structures
• You are thoughtful, methodical, organized and detailed
• You have 3 years product management experience in a digital publishing or technology company.
• You have 2 years working in a rigorous agile environment, shipping product.
Perks of working for Hearst:
• Midtown location overlooking Central Park in Platinum LEED certified Hearst Tower
• On premise gym and health clinic
• Yearly stipend for continuing education
• Medical, dental and vision benefits
• Company matched 401k
• Discounts with hundreds of partners