Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Hearst Magazines Media Platform you will join a diverse, supportive community of creatives building new experiences in digital media. You will have the opportunity to grow a complete product design skill set including best-in-class visual design, end-to-end user experience design, user research, presentation/interaction coding and design systems for our proprietary media platform. You will work with popular editorial brands such as ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Men's Health, Women's Health, Runner's World, Esquire, House Beautiful and more.
• Partner with designers, product managers and engineers on feature design for our media platform.
• Contribute to our front end design system and work in the development environment to implement your own design work.
• Assist the product team with user interviews, usability testing, and design research.
• Contribute to an end-to-end design process that allows you to fully understand and feel ownership over your design projects.
• 2 years professional experience designing web or mobile products
• BA or certificate in digital product design, graphic design, user experience, interaction design, human-computer interaction or equivalent professional experience.
• An expert eye for visual design
• Portfolio of design work showcasing your design approach, learnings and skills.
• Knowledge of contemporary digital product design tools and technologies. Our team currently utilizes tools such as Sketch, Invision, Framer, as well as HTML/CSS/JS and Git.
• Experience working with front-end design systems, responsive design principles, modern engineering workflows
• Experience working directly with stakeholders and users
Our ideal candidate:
• Prefers teamwork and collaborative, interdisciplinary design practices
• Enjoys prototyping and testing their design solutions
• Flourishes in fast-paced environments
• Loves to learn and try new things!
• Understands and evangelizes user-centered design principles