Product Design Manager, Content Experience
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Hearst Magazines Media you will join a diverse, supportive community of creatives building new experiences in digital media. You will have the opportunity to apply your deep knowledge of best-in-class visual design, end-to-end user experience design, user research, and design systems for our proprietary media platform.
• Act as liaison between product design teams working on Hearst's proprietary digital publishing platform and editors and content designers; helping to define improvements and evangelize best practices across our portfolio of consumer publications (including brands such as ELLE, Esquire, Cosmopolitan, Men's Health, Women's Health, House Beautiful, Runner's World, and more)
• Manage a team of product designers focused on brand redesigns, content design products, and scalable design systems.
• Utilize design thinking methodologies to understand and innovate on content experiences and brand differentiation
• Coach product designers, guiding them along their career paths towards becoming strong cross-functional team members
• Build respectful and productive cross-discipline relationships with designers, content creators, engineers, product owners, and stakeholders
• Take part in design leadership team initiatives: design advocacy, stakeholder outreach and education, design operations strategy, team growth and training
• 8 years experience in digital product design or related fields
• Proven leadership experience that demonstrates the success of your team and product
• Experience strategizing and building robust design systems in front-end environments
• Background in editorial product design or other creative roles in an editorial organization.
Our ideal candidate:
• Prefers teamwork and collaborative design practices
• Takes a LEAN approach to design and prototyping
• Flourishes in fast-paced environments
• Has experience working within robust design systems
• Expert grasp of user-centered design principles
• Experience facilitating design thinking methodologies