Newsletters Editor, Enthusiast Group
Hearst MagazinesEaston, PA
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst Magazines' Enthusiast Group is hiring a newsletters editor to oversee email newsletters for multiple publications. The Enthusiast Group includes Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, Bicycling, and Best Products.
The typical workday will require you to schedule and expedite newsletters for different recipient lists (paying subscribers, promotions, etc.); edit newsletters for punctuation and grammar; work with the editorial team to choose the most compelling content for the newsletters; and find new ways to reach even more readers. Communication with our audience, especially paying subscribers, is a high priority at Hearst.
This job will report to the director of membership content and will be based in our Easton, PA, office; we will not be able to consider remote candidates.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a brief cover letter (less than one page) about your familiarity with Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, and Bicycling, salary requirements, and examples of previous work.
What you'll do:
• Send daily and weekly email newsletters to different audiences
• Understand and expand the role of each publication's email campaigns
• Analyze and interpret audience data, primarily using Google Analytics and SailThru
• Establish and work toward ambitious business goals-affiliate commerce sales, new subscription sign-ups, etc.
• Work with the editorial staff to establish sustainable cadences for long-form newsletter content
• Come up with new ideas for how the Enthusiast Group can better engage existing readers and expand to new audiences
Who you are:
• At least two years of editorial newsletter experience for a national consumer brand
• Familiarity with digital media metrics-page views, engagement, etc.
• Experience with one or more content management systems (CMS)
• Top-notch copy-editing skills
• Enthusiasm for creating and consuming great journalism