News & Seo Editor, Good Housekeeping
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/20/2023 10:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for News & Seo Editor, Good Housekeeping jobs in New York-NY
Search all News & Seo Editor, Good Housekeeping postings
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S.-including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics-inspires, entertains, and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social, and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology, and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Good Housekeeping is hiring a digitally-savvy editor to join our team! As an editor you will be responsible for editing and updating stories across the lifestyle, holiday and entertainment verticals, deftly adapting to and implementing changes in SEO and e-commerce best practices.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience in an evolving digital environment, who is not only skilled at but also truly enjoys editing stories across a variety of beats. The editor will report to the deputy director.
What you'll do:
• Optimize, edit, write and assign lifestyle stories and news pieces, ranging from SEO explainers to e-commerce articles, while adhering to the brand's editorial style guide.
• Collaborate with the partnerships team to ensure proper promotion of Good Housekeeping's content.
• Work closely with the team's deputy director to ensure that your work satisfies all best practices.
• Develop a keen understanding of the Good Housekeeping readers' interests and point of view.
Who you are:
• A clean editor with 3-4 years of editing experience, particularly across the lifestyle and entertainment space.
• Experience executing an SEO-focused content strategy.
• An avid consumer of digital media who understands how to craft compelling stories that answer search queries while maintaining a brand voice and POV
• A sharp e-commerce strategist with a good eye and a commitment to inclusivity
• Comfortable with digital analytics tools, such as Google Analytics and Parsely
• Strong communication & collaboration skills
• Someone with excellent time-management skills
The base salary for this role is $67,000-$77,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.