National Travel & Outdoor Account Director
Hearst MagazinesSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
National Travel & Outdoor Account Director, Hearst Enthusiast Group
The Hearst Enthusiast Group seeks a National Travel & Outdoor Account Director with exceptional media sales skills and great relationships in the outdoor, travel, and run categories. Located in our New York or Los Angeles office, this national role is responsible for developing strategic partnerships and driving integrated ad revenue for Runner's World, Bicycling, and a new Hearst magazine partnership with REI launching this fall. Strong consideration will be given to those candidates with demonstrated success in outdoor and travel categories and can bring an entrepreneurial and idea-driven skillset to this fully integrated role: print, digital, affiliate, social, and events. This individual will be charged with helping define and build our outdoor and travel & tourism sales and marketing strategy, working independently and in collaboration with the Hearst publishing teams.
The position requires making print and digital sales calls and shaping presentations, as well as creative and thorough follow-up for every call; extensive interaction with agencies and clients to determine key marketing objectives; growth of advertising revenue/new business and share-of-market. Client and agency contacts are preferred, but not a mandate to the extent that having the ability to quickly build relationships and trust is key.
Ideal candidate must be a print and digital expert with a track record of success in shepherding cross-platform advertising sales and marketing partnerships. An optimistic, can-do attitude that represents the spirit of our brands is essential.
• Key to the position is driving revenue across all platforms for the brand within assigned categories
• Target a minimum of 10 outside sales calls weekly and travel within assigned territory
• Consultative sales approach throughout the prospecting and proposal process
• Interact extensively with agencies and clients in order to identify opportunities
• Build and maintain strong client and agency relationships at all levels
• Use various sales aides, presentations, research, marketing and all resources to help effectively grow the business
• Cross collaboration with marketing, corporate, production, finance and other teams within brand unit
• Provide accurate and timely business estimates, forecasts, paperwork/administration
• Keep relevant others informed (management, split partners, group) regarding account status, proposals, etc.
• Travel to industry trade shows, key events, and client meetings
• Candidate must have minimum 5 years of print/digital advertising sales experience
• Strong relationships in and passion for the outdoor, travel & tourism, and/or run categories
• Thorough understanding of the outdoor market and products that support the lifestyle
• Candidate must possess strong and sales/marketing skills, knowledge of digital best practices, results-oriented track record, and ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation development skills, written and verbal
• Must be conversant in new technology (digital, social and mobile)
• An individual who works well within a corporate and creative environment
• Demonstrated ability to build positive and collaborative relationships