Membership Editor, Enthusiast Group
Hearst MagazinesEaston, PA
This was removed by the employer on 9/27/2021 5:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Membership Editor, Enthusiast Group jobs in Easton-PA
Search all Membership Editor, Enthusiast Group postings
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all media and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst Magazines' Enthusiast Group is hiring a Membership Editor to build stories, programs, and events for paying members of Bicycling, Runner's World and Popular Mechanics.
Your primary responsibility begins with interacting with members through polls, questionnaires, emails, message, phone calls, and identifying standout members who might be the subject of stories, profiles, and other content. With this as a base, you will: assist our features, service and news, and test teams with gathering information on members for their projects; ideate and create content yourself; ideate and assist with campaigns and other special projects involving our members or the topics they are most interested in. You might also help coordinate and produce one-off or ongoing projects such as topical or project-driven newsletters (such as ''How To Build a Shed in 30 Days'' for Popular Mechanics or ''The Runner's World Summer Run Streak''), and also help conceive of and create virtual and in-person live events for members. This is a dynamic, fast-changing job that responds to data from our members rather than relying on long-term or even annual performance metrics, but the overarching goal is to engage and retain members.
This job will report to the Director of Membership Content and will be based in our Easton, PA, office. We will not be able to consider remote candidates for this job.
Please submit resumés in PDF format. Attach a very brief cover letter (less than one page) that includes salary requirements and details your familiarity (if any) with the Enthusiast Group's publications.
What you'll do:
• Identify, create, and execute content focused on engaging and retaining subscribers for the Enthusiast Group (Bicycling, Runner's World, Popular Mechanics.) This includes writing membership-centric profiles and short news items as well as interacting with our coaches and other contributors.
• Work across all teams within the Enthusiast Group (including edit, design, and data strategy) to produce content drawn from or focused on members-including short quizzes, columns, and feature stories and packages.
• Stay in direct contact with members via email, social media, and community pages.
• Assist with integrating members-only deals into editorial products.
Who you are:
• You have 1 to 3 years of experience writing and/or editing for a service-oriented national media brand, ideally in the health/wellness/fitness or DIY/science spaces.
• You have a knack for generating tons of creative ideas that appeal directly to consumers.
• You are familiar with platforms used to build and analyze paid content-we primarily use Google Analytics and SailThru.
• You have a background in and infectious enthusiasm for the core interests of our brands: running, cycling, and making things.
• You love engaging directly with consumers and telling their stories to enrich the running, cycling, and/or DIY communities.
• You are willing and able to adapt to fast-changing priorities.
• You have an uncanny ability to thrive while managing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines.
• You're addicted to using every piece of data at your disposal to inform editorial decisions.
• You have demonstrated experience publishing digital content within a CMS.