Media Strategy Manager
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/21/2021 7:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Media Strategy Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Media Strategy Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Media Strategy Manager? Your Impact:
As the online arm of Hearst Magazines, employment at Hearst Digital brings with it the prestige of a hundred-plus-year-old publishing empire with the excitement and rapid growth of a startup. We operate over two dozen major websites for print digital brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Good Housekeeping and Seventeen as well as digital-only brands like Snapchat Sweet, and Delish.
The Media Strategy Manager works with Sales Representatives on a set of advertising accounts from on all pre-sale planning for a digital campaign. You will be a category expert for your assigned accounts – understanding how these clients buy our media, what products perform best for them, specific rates that are applicable to that client and performance KPIs for each plan. You will have a deep understanding of our ad products, packages and business rules. You will make sure the plan sort forward to client exhibit solutions. Working on a team with other Media Strategy Managers, you will work together to create revenue opportunities and use your excellent communication skills to build strong relationships with our partners.
What You'll Do:
• Act as a primary stakeholder in brainstorm sessions with marketing and sales; speaking to the client's historical spend/performance, product/packaging recommendations and working to understand how to drive the larger buy when multiple spend levels are being pitched.
• Create compelling media plans that drive revenue, accomplish client KPI's, maintain profit margin and comply with our business rules.
• Maintain expert understanding of our ad products and capabilities (i.e. audience extension, research, social strategy, new products, etc). Partners with related teams (Audience Development, Yield/Inventory and Ad Product) in all pre-sale efforts.
• Maintain campaign pipeline in our order management system (Lineup's Adpoint and Salesforce), managing orders in the system as they work their way down the sales funnel (reserve inventory, manage relation with Yield and Inventory team in regard to pricing, change products/allocation of impressions across products through campaign booking).
• Ensure all campaign detail aligns between the media plan, agency IO and Adpoint order and maintain this alignment throughout the campaign presale lifecycle.
• Attend weekly meetings with assigned sales/business unit leads and provide updates on campaign pipeline.
• Manage the communication of plan details to Activation Managers and Optimization Managers to ensure a seamless launch
Who You Are:
• You have 3 years digital experience with a background in marketing analysis, sales planning and/or strategy, yield/pricing
• You're able to independently prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines across multiple clients
• You have a flexible, personable attitude; ability to develop excellent professional relationships with all level of personnel
• You have a bachelor's degree
• Previous Adpoint and GAM experience preferred. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.