Marketing Director, Research - O, The Oprah Magazine
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/7/2020 12:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Marketing Director, Research - O, The Oprah Magazine jobs in New York-NY
Search all Marketing Director, Research - O, The Oprah Magazine postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Marketing Director, Research - O, The Oprah Magazine? O, The Oprah Magazine is looking for a Marketing Director, Research. The ideal candidate for this position will have 3-5 years experience in research marketing, will be completely fluent with syndicated research (MRI, Comscore, Google Analytics, Starch, etc), analytical, and love to dig deep to create compelling stories. She/he will be a proactive critical thinker who will be able to take raw data, find the compelling facts, and use those facts to create impressive marketing materials that drive sales. The role includes oversight and daily management of the O Mag Insiders, a group of readers/influencers who are uniquely connected to the brand and leveraged for a variety of marketing programs. As part of the O Mag Insider management, this role sources and manages social listening tools to track engagement of the group. The role includes management of the Marketing Research Coordinator, and will require an ability to oversee, grow, and provide helpful feedback to the person in that role.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, and a team player, with a keen understanding of how to work, interact with and present to the sales team and clients, effectively communicating the brand's unique point of difference. Strong writing and analytical skills are critical in this role.
The successful individual will possess good communication and problem-solving skills, and be well-organized, detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks. The ability to manage multiple tasks and stay on deadline are essential and required in this role. Our desired candidate will possess a high-energy, can-do attitude, and will thrive in a multi-faceted, fast-paced environment.
The job will require an ability to work in keynote, powerpoint, excel, indesign (preferred).
• Responsible for using both primary and syndicated research to create sales tools and presentations that tell a compelling story
• Interact with the entire sales and marketing staff, Hearst Corporate Research, the Hearst Data Studio, Hearst Media Solutions, as well as vendors including syndicated providers, social listening and survey/research firms
• Function as the principal liaison between O Magazine sales and Hearst Corp research to review/provide analysis/packaging of all requested runs
• Create/update General and Category presentations, working with the AP/Sales & Marketing and art department
• Create custom sales presentations and mailers/marketing pieces as needed
• Maintain and continue to develop the O Mag Insiders, as well as additional community-focused groups being launched by the brand
• Manage special studies as needed, and translate and package study findings into meaningful presentations that will enable account managers to present O as a valuable resource and partner to client/agency prospects
• Organize and maintain both the online and printed media kits; updating relevant research materials as new study waves are released
• Manage the Marketing Research Coordinator, integrating that person into projects when appropriate, overseeing their involvement
• Position reports to the AP/Sales & Marketing
• Print and digital in a publishing environment experience a plus. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.