Manager, Solutions Engineer, Digital Advertising
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Digital Media group is seeking a Manager, Solutions Engineer. The Hearst Digital Media team leverages their technical, marketing, and sales skills to develop solutions that aid in building more strategic data partnerships and drive sales fueled by Hearst's unique data offering and extensive capabilities as a premium publisher. As a Solutions Engineer Manager you will use your technical proficiency with systems like a DMP and Google Ad Manager to be a source of expertise within the organization, for internal questions pertaining to Hearst's data offering and products. You will leverage your knowledge of data driven, digital advertising to prepare materials for presentations and client deliverables.
What you'll do
• Understand the customer need and establish Hearst's product and data capabilities as the best solution to solve the customer's challenges
• Participate in all appropriate product, sales, procedural training, and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
• Aid in media strategy development process and contribute to customer deliverables
• Contribute to strategy and planning for internal visibility and disseminate information to grow internal understanding of new technologies
• Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
• Aid in research and development of new data and ad products/technologies
Who you are
• 3 years of digital experience with a focus on data or digital advertising - data driven thinking, excellent quantitative skills
• Previous sales or marketing experience preferred
• Knowledge of related applications, including data and advertising platforms (DFP, Lotame, Krux, DOMO, etc.), and web technology
• Solid oral, written, presentation, collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
• Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and with a proven ability to handle multiple deliverables with tight deadlines
Why Hearst Magazines
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.