Manager, Ad Product Marketing
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines is seeking a Manager, Ad Product Marketing. In this role, you will support the development of differentiated products, create strategic go-to-market product plans, positioning and messaging, drive impactful product launches, conduct competitive and market analysis, and work with cross-functional teams to promote our product across multiple marketing channels. You will also use your experience and to identify potential strategic partners for co-creation of new products that reinforce Hearst's product leadership positioning. As a Manager of Ad Product Marketing will host vendor and partner meetings and be responsible for growing our network of technology, data, adtech and martech organizations.
With your strong product background and significant marketing experience, you will work closely with our sales and marketing teams to continually push the understanding and adoption of all Hearst products. You will work closely with the Hearst Ad Studio and other internal stakeholders to ensure our product offering continues to exceed our customer requirements.
If you are a confident communicator with a solid background in relevant industries like performance marketing, martech and adtech, you will be able to demonstrate Hearst's benefits and value, both in collateral and in person. Your love of crafting compelling stories in a fun and simple way, and while balancing quantitative evidence and qualitative factors will help you quickly test, learn, and improve.
What you'll do
• Understand and communicate Hearst product offerings throughout lifecycle
• Create product related collateral across product one-sheets, marketing slides, presentation slides, product briefs, and case studies
• Craft product messaging for both internal and external audiences
• Develop external relationships with potential product co-creators and build business cases and recommendations for future product initiatives
• Ensure consistent partnership and communication with Sales leaders to understand new marketplace needs and communicate them to appropriate product creators
• Establish competitive value proposition of each product by maintaining an in-depth understanding of competitors' offerings
• Establish timelines for development of new products with product creators and keep key stakeholders up to speed on status while meeting key deadlines
• Liaise with the Pricing Team to develop product pricing
• Identify ''white space'' using feedback from Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Programmatic and Partnerships teams to proactively pitch and facilitate the development of new products
• Partner with the marketing team to develop creative visual representations of audience, analytical, data and research solutions for proposal inclusion
Who you are
• You have experience in facilitating ad product development and communication
• You have a proven ability to manage multiple projects with shifting and conflicting priorities and deadlines
• You possess a flexible communication style to collaborate with multiple stakeholders from varying backgrounds
• You are able to translate and present analytics data to stakeholders in different disciplines across marketing and sales
• Your strong critical thinking skills and creative approaches help you to test new ideas and drive business results
• You are self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
• You have a curiosity and tenacity to ask the right questions and follow through with answer
• Ideally, you have previous marketing experience, agency experience, or publisher experience
Why Hearst Magazines
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.