Lifestyle Editor, Country Living
Hearst MagazinesBirmingham, AL
This was removed by the employer on 4/21/2021 2:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Lifestyle Editor, Country Living jobs in Birmingham-AL
Search all Lifestyle Editor, Country Living postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Lifestyle Editor, Country Living? Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, and Popular Mechanics. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
About Country Living
Country Living delivers useful, actionable advice related to all the comforts of home (design, food, pets, gardening) alongside soulful and spirited how-tos that embrace slowing down and living well. Our ''small-town'' community of millions of highly engaged print, online, and social readers knows that how you live is more important than where you live, and that Country Living is a breath of fresh air delivered whenever, wherever you need it.
The Lifestyle Editor at Country Living will serve as a vital part of all brand platforms through his/her strong aesthetic sensibility. From crafts to collecting and everything in between, the lifestyle editor will package stories in a way that's both informative and beautiful.
For consideration, please submit your resume in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio.
What you'll do:
• Pitch and write lifestyle-and service-based columns and feature packages that can be optimized for both digital and search value.
• Cover categories including travel, decorating, pets, and more.
• Work closely with the executive editor and digital lead to package content across all platforms.
Who you are:
• You have at least five years of professional magazine editorial experience, preferably in the lifestyle field with home/decor content.
• You have a bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
• You have deep experience pitching, writing, reporting, producing, and editing stories and can execute larger service packages (across digital, social, video, and print).
• You have a personal passion for small towns, wide-open spaces, and off-the-beaten path experiences and know how to execute these stories on video.
• You possess the ability to write clearly and concisely. Plus, we love a good pun or 10!
• You have experience with Google Analytics/Google Trends to help craft pitches that drive traffic.
• You have an understanding of SEO, analytics, and social media platforms.
• You are curious, willing to roll up your sleeves, and keep pace with the constantly evolving everything!
• You are a self-starter with enthusiasm for all things CL, organized with a sharp attention to detail, and a team player who can keep up in a fast-paced environment.
• You have strong time-management, communication, and interpersonal skills, and-above all-are fun(!) with a positive and professional attitude.
#LI-AM1 This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.