Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2021 10:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Junior Designer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Junior Designer postings
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst Magazines is seeking a Junior Designer to join the creative team working on visual design for consumer marketing across all Hearst brands. This position will work closely with teams across the Consumer Group to create designs across various channels, including: e-commerce, ads, sweepstakes, emails, site displays, and marketing/brand collateral. In the position, you will work in a fast-paced environment and in close partnership with the creative and consumer marketing teams to create best in class design for Hearst brands. This will require flexibility and creativity in aptly understanding the voice, tone, and needs of each brand.
What You'll Do:
• Execute assigned design projects, from conception to delivery for multi-platform executions
• Create and evolve design systems and campaigns for individual Hearst brands across email, websites, social platforms, and physical ventures
• Collaborate with creative and consumer marketing teams to create engaging and dynamic graphic elements
• Understand the marketplace, assessing where Hearst brands stand against competitors' and ensure that we are ahead of the curve
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends, developments, and tools
• Familiarity with pop culture, fashion, and trends
Who You Are:
• Provides an excellent design portfolio.
• Experience creating animations and motion design for video and social campaigns.
• Experience designing for a variety of social platforms
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Understanding of social platforms and digital storytelling
• Strong grasp of design principles: including typography, color, imagery, and composition
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot quickly
• Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
• Manage job files and outputs: Maintain job files and the overall organization of team deliverables.
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• A sense of humor and a positive attitude
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after November 15, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.