Human Resources Associate Director
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/26/2021 8:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Human Resources Associate Director jobs in New York-NY
Search all Human Resources Associate Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Human Resources Associate Director? Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, and Popular Mechanics. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone. But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
As an Associate Director, you will be part of the Hearst Solutions and Services group, an integrated team of iCrossing, HearstMade, and other Magazines team members that leverages the power of our first-party data and editorial expertise to provide meaningful insight, influence, and business impact for our clients. With unrivalled access to Hearst resources and expertise, an industry-leading editorial mindset solving business challenges, and a team that creates actionable content at scale, we transform customer and digital experience to significantly grow businesses and drive commerce around the world.
Hearst Magazines is seeking an experienced Associate Director, HR to join our People, Culture and Talent team. As an Associate Director you will work alongside some of the best talent in the media world. You will be focused on partnering with and coaching employees for growth and success. You will be a key business partner with senior management. Your ability to communicate and collaborate will be invaluable as you work with us to develop and execute on talent strategy. Our People, Culture and Talent team is focused on seeing that Hearst Magazines remains an employer of choice for those seeking a career in media as well as developing our internal talent. You will not only be key in employee relations, but you will have a chance to participate in workforce/ succession planning, learning and development, employee engagement, and onboarding.
What you'll do
• You will maintain a close relationship with your client group and contribute to the decision-making process of structuring and developing the team for the organization. Actively support implementation of business initiatives and business needs with effective HR measures and promote positive employee engagement in the work environment.
• You will ensure that all relevant aspects of resourcing, employee relations, talent development, and compensation & benefits are aligned and delivered timely.
• You will support/drive initiatives and efficient processes, in close co-ordination with the Executive lead and in close collaboration with the Talent Attraction and Employee Experience members of your team.
• You will manage planning, annual salary rounds and promotions/salary adjustments for defined areas in accordance with Hearst Magazines' processes and in close cooperation with from the People Operations team.
• You will partner with Talent Attraction and lead your team member (s) giving strategic and functional direction ensuring a harmonized approach to all relevant HR processes (one voice, one company).
• You will implement organizational restructures, set objectives, and manage workloads and results to achieve goals while adopting emerging practices and achieving continuous process improvement with Core HR.
• You will ensure high level employee experience through effective engagement, motivation, coaching, development, inclusivity and efficiency of the talent within your client group.
• You will challenge status quo; think outside of the box in terms of solutions; proactively seek for advice and solutions that are aligned with the company.
• You will ensure that HCM, org charts and other employee related documentation (contracts, warnings, promotion letters, transfers, etc.) are regularly updated.
Who you are
• You have 7-10 years generalist experience at a digital media agency with responsibilities including, but not limited to, HR business partner functions, Employee Engagement, Training & Development, benefits, HR metrics and reporting.
• You are passionate about a people-centric approach to HR and not HR for the sake of following policy.
• You are a strong business partner to senior management.
• You desire to partner with assigned groups and business leaders to create and foster a culture that recognizes great talent. You know how to partner with medium to large sized employee groups (250 ).
• You have a firm belief that a strong People team can help enable individuals to reach their potential and ensure all employees are treated with respect and fairness.
• You are known for being able to 'read the room' and can quickly identify themes/ issues in a situation.
• You want to rethink, reshape and reinvent how traditional HR is done in order to apply new thinking in a changing, creative environment.
• Your colleagues see you as someone who has great instincts and judgment with the ability to connect human concerns/needs with business.
• You also have a strong process orientation, are analytical and can project manage your work, but, all with a human approach to problem solving.
• You may have a HR Professional Certification or demonstrated HR related professional work experience.
• You are proficient in MS Office Programs: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• You're experienced in HRIS system experience, preferably with Oracle.
• You're knowledgeable of current employment law, worker's compensation, ADA, EEOC, FMLA, and state and local laws. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.