Home & Appliances Editor, Goodhousekeeping.Com
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Good Housekeeping is looking for an enthusiastic Home Editor to write, edit, and develop home care-related content for the digital arm of the world's largest women's lifestyle magazine.
Reporting to the Deputy Editor and working closely with the Good Housekeeping Institute's Home Appliances & Cleaning Lab, Textiles Lab, and Kitchen Appliance & Technology Lab, the ideal candidate has a strong background in service writing, and is passionate about the idea of saving readers time, money, and energy by delivering the best tips and tricks in key content areas including cleaning, organizing, and DIY decorating, as well as helping them make decisions about what home and kitchen products to purchase by highlighting the trust and rigor the GHI brings to testing products.
We're looking for an innovative and digital-savvy thinker who loves finding ways to report and illustrate classic concepts in fresh and well-packaged ways - and who ideally has experience working within content-based affiliate operations at a digital media brand.
• Writing and producing up to 5 original pieces of content daily - including slideshows, listicles, and articles - with a focus on cleaning, organizing, DIY, and home products/appliances
• Top editing staff-contributed and freelance stories, including ''best of the test'' and service-focused content from the Good Housekeeping Institute analysts, to ensure brand voice and accuracy/safety in product and service suggestions
• Working closely with the Good Housekeeping Institute, as well as GoodHousekeeping.com's editorial team, to define and grow the site's ongoing editorial strategy around home care and products by experimenting with content formats to drive traffic and sales conversions
• Dreaming up big-idea digital packages, franchises, and features in the home and product space that bring our brand to life on site and across social media platforms
• Working with Hearst's SEO and eCommerce teams to closely track KPIs, and share insights with the editorial team
• Working with GoodHousekeeping.com's video team to produce relevant and engaging how-to content to live within service and product stories
• Attending and covering press previews and other industry events, as well as staying on top of the latest home and product news
• At least 5 years of experience creating traffic-generating lifestyle content, with a focus on home products and service
• Strong writer and editor with a sense of humor and a clear, concise editorial voice
• Proven ability to present and package content in engaging and unique ways (can you make a story about the best way to clean an oven feel fresh and surprising?)
• An analytics obsessive, who can translate data into editorial action - familiarity with Google Analytics, Looker, Skimlinks, or similar reporting tools is key, as are SEO best practices
• Team player who is proactive, organized, enthusiastic, and deadline-oriented, and willing to pitch in whenever needed
• Strong visual eye with experience producing multimedia and/or knowledge of video- and photo-editing platforms is a plus
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work