Food & Drink Editor, Hearstmade Branded Content
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines is looking for a strong food and drink editor to join HearstMade, our in-house branded content studio.
This editor will work on all food and drink branded content programs from pre-sale brainstorms through post-sale execution, conceptualizing, packaging, writing or editing custom co-branded content, and collaborating heavily with video and photo teams.
This position will work closely with site directors and social editors to ensure content feels authentic, engaging, and in-line with each brand's editorial voice; as well as with project management, sales, and marketing teams to ensure we are delivering content that satisfies the client's needs. This content must be as exciting and well-executed as pure edit.
This position is based in New York and will report to the Executive Editor, Branded Content. NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
• Assist the marketing team in conceiving of and refining ideas for branded content programs
• Work directly with recipe developers in both pre- and post-sale to come up with innovative, out-of-the-box food and drink content
• Be the creative owner of campaigns from ideation to execution
• Keep multiple, concurrent campaigns on deadline
• Collaborate heavily with video, photo, and design departments to ensure each piece of content is cohesive, high-touch, and well-packaged
• Be mindful of performance goals and focused on achieving them
• Partner with internal teams (including editorial, marketing, and project management) to move complex, custom-content projects forward
• Create and deliver content that best serves a client's mandate while remaining in-line with editorial best practices
• Assist video producers in writing video scripts and graphics to ensure a cohesive voice
• At least 4 years of professional editorial experience, preferably with some of that in branded
• Highly adept at producing shareable, digital-friendly content
• Great relationships with writers and recipe developers
• Exceptional editing skills; you know the tweaks that turn a good story into a great story
• Keen understanding of how to package a story and how important visual elements are
• Facility with ideas generation and pitching video-first content
• Excellent communication skills
• Versed in Google Analytics, Facebook Insights
• Ability to build bridges and work with teams that have uniquely different experiences to create great digital products