Food & Culture Editor, Delish
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Delish. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone. But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Delish is seeking a creative, excited, diligent, and detail-oriented storyteller with a strong passion for food to create content across digital, print, and video. As our new Food & Culture Editor, you'll be responsible for not only creating daily content, but also pitching and executing longer-term features and assisting our Digital Director in putting together beautiful and cohesive packages. Our ideal candidate is obsessed with all aspects of food-meets-internet culture and understands how truly fun (and multi-faceted!) food media can be, all while appreciating the fast pace of digital media and how important it is to produce clean and compelling content quickly.
For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do
• Pitch and write news, lifestyle- and service-based stories and features for site and quarterly magazine.
• Stay up-to-date on all-things food news and culture to help inform Delish coverage.
• Work closely with SEO team to produce timely, highly optimized search-first explainers and features.
• Help manage the Delish SEO calendar.
• Occasionally pitch and produce restaurant/lifestyle videos; write scripts for videos, edit them for content, and write corresponding posts for the site.
• Track content performance on social platforms, site traffic, and data to identify audience trends, help guide content strategy, and discover new areas of coverage (TV shows, celebrities, food holidays, etc.).
• Develop solid relationships with brands and publicists who represent celebrities/chefs our audience loves.
• Top edit digital pieces for clarity and quality.
Who You Are
• You have at least 3 years of post-grad experience producing editorial content, ideally for digital publications.
• You have excellent reporting, writing, and editing skills, as well as knowledge of what makes a great story.
• You have strong experience in service journalism and SEO.
• You have a passion for food, food trends, and food culture and you're full of ideas about how to cover all of it.