Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/19/2020 11:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Finance Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Finance Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Finance Manager? The impact you'll have
As a strong finance professional at Hearst Autos (''HA'') you will play a critical role in maintaining existing finance operations and helping to shape and identify new business opportunities. In this role, you will have significant exposure to senior management and will work directly with department and business leads to drive business decisions. You will be able to use your financial analytical skills to operating expenses, inventory analysis and sales pipelines.
What you'll do
• You will have Ownership of full divisional P&Ls supporting a unified Hearst Autos business.
• You will be able to develop models and scenarios to analyze new potential areas of growth for Hearst Autos
• You will be responsible for execution, interpretation and presentation of weekly & monthly forecasting reports that are sent to senior management.
• On a weekly basis, you will compare bookings vs. forecast and budget on a weekly basis and work with Sales Directors to ensure pacing is aligned and that forecasts are updated as necessary.
• You will provide spend vs. budget reports to Department Leads across Hearst Auto sites and business units; review trends and provide guidance monthly to keep spending within budget.
• You will get to work on special projects related to enhancing reporting processes as business needs change. Liaise with department heads across multiple Hearst divisions to ensure company-wide processes and efficiencies are shared.
• You will provide senior management with ad hoc reporting and analyses.
• You will assist with month-end close analyses to ensure estimates are in line with bookings & forecast for the month; review estimates with Executive Director of Finance.
• Yo will be able to understand inventory needs, forecasts and delivery patterns to ensure accurate revenue and margin forecasting across all Hearst Autos revenue streams.
Who you are
• You have at least 4-5 years of progressive finance experience;
• You have an expertise in Digital Media, perhaps by working with a digital media agency or publisher.
• You are known for your extremely strong Excel skills and may have used them to assist in the building of financial models and presenting analysis and conclusions
• You are a conceptual and strategic thinker who regularly goes above and beyond basic analysis duties to produce actionable results
• You have shown a demonstrated ability and desire to pursue analysis above and beyond a specific ask and produce actionable intelligence
• You have a curious mind which complements your ability to learn quickly and work in a constantly changing fast-growing start-up environment
• You use your exceptional written and oral communication skills to clearly convey recommendations and conclusions to senior leadership
• With an entrepreneurial mindset you have the ability to be flexible, multi-task, have strong organizational, project management and communication skills to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
• You have a BA/BS in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics from a top university This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.