Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/10/2019 2:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Features Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Features Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Features Editor?
Full Time Job
Features Editor, Elle.Com
Hearst Magazines is looking for an ambitious, fearless Features Editor to conceive of, edit, assign, report, and on occasion write weekly and longer-form reported stories and personal essays on ELLE's website.
This position will report to the deputy editor of ELLE.com.
• Conceive, assign, edit and occasionally write regular original features that elevate ELLE's content mix
• Create features that resonate, have legs, and generate conversation
• Constantly be on top of the news and trends to surface compelling stories that have the potential to go viral and get attention
• Have an innate grasp of the ELLE.com audience and voice
• Assign stories to and manage relationships with freelancers
• At least 7 years' editorial experience, with at least 4 years in digital
• Excellent writing, reporting and editing skills
• Keen sense of news cycle and story ideation
• Robust network of top-tier freelancers to call upon
• Strong organizational skills
• High internet news metabolism with a willingness to work
• Strong grasp of social media
• Well-versed in using various analytics tools (Google Analytics, Parse.ly, Omniture, Facebook Insights, etc.,)
• Bachelor's degree
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work