Features Editor, Enthusiast Group
Hearst MagazinesEaston, PA
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst Enthusiast Group (Runner's World, Bicycling, Popular Mechanics, and Best Products) is looking for a features editor to develop and execute feature stories across all channels of the Enthusiast brands-including web, print, video, and social.
You will use your experience in enterprise journalism and long-form narrative feature writing/editing to identify and execute stories that garner acclaim within and beyond our endemic communities, and gain recognition and generate revenue for the brands through membership, product extensions, adaptations, awards, and other means. The features editor will work closely with the team to develop features that drive Apple News Plus traffic. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Identify and execute features to the highest level of excellence
• Work with emerging and best-in-class writers, photographers, and other creators to tell diverse stories while hitting budget and deadline targets
• Collaborate with Enthusiast Group team members to elevate storytelling across all channels
• Use data and metrics to identify potential features that drive membership and AN revenue across all Enthusiast Group brands
Who you are:
• The ideal candidate combines a deep editing and writing background with an affinity for running and/or cycling, as well as an innate curiosity for how the world works
• Has 4-5 years of relevant professional experience at a consumer magazine, website, or newspaper
• Has the ability and willingness to use data to inform creative decisions
• Has a flair for impactful heds/deks, and an obsession with story structure
• Has an endless supply of ideas