Features Director, Women's Health
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/16/2020 11:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Features Director, Women's Health jobs in New York-NY
Search all Features Director, Women's Health postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Features Director, Women's Health? Women's Health, the brand that empowers women to make positive, healthy changes in their lives, is looking for an enterprising Features Director to oversee our love and lifestyle verticals and strategy across all platforms, collaborating with junior editors to deliver innovative service packages, portfolios, profiles, and other love and lifestyle-related content for our 35 million readers.
This position is based in New York and reports to the executive editor of Women's Health.
What you'll do:
• Work with editors on the love and lifestyle team to develop a content calendar for online pieces, assigning/filing/top-editing stories
• Collaborate with the audience development manager to create cross-platform experiences for readers in channels like Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
• Pitch/write/assign/edit features and several pages of FOB content in-book for each issue (with the support of an associate editor and an assistant editor)
• Spearhead special projects across platforms, such as collaborations with sibling brands and tentpole initiatives like our annual Wellness Getaways package
• Act as a public-facing brand ambassador who actively networks at industry events, attending relevant product launches and meetings with experts, attending press trips as needed, and representing WH on TV/panels/podcasts, sales calls, and in editorial or branded content shoots and stories
• Manage and mentor junior editors
• Collaborate with video team on on-offs and recurring series
What you'll bring:
• At least three years of print experience, and three years of digital experience (can overlap with the print experience if it was on an integrated team)
• A robust network in the health/wellness/lifestyle community
• Experience putting together FOB lineups for an issue and is passionate about piecing that intricate puzzle together in the smartest, most engaging way possible
• A love for spotting new zeitgeist-y story ideas and coming up with fresh ways to package them for readers
• Ability to work on tight deadlines quickly but meticulously
• A deep understanding of SEO, CMSes, GA, and experience with e-commerce
• Ability to pivot quickly with shifts in digital and print strategy
• A bachelor's degree or relevant industry experience
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.