Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Executive Producer, Oprah Daily
Oprah Daily is seeking an Executive Producer to help expand its video business. The Executive Producer will be responsible for overseeing digital video operations to support Oprah Daily, the new multiplatform lifestyle brand from Oprah Winfrey and Hearst Magazines that is making it a daily practice to live your best life. The role will manage producers and outside vendors to generate and execute new and existing IP, and will coordinate with various stakeholders including brand, management, talent etc. to establish Oprah Daily's video strategy and grow the brand's digital video experience.
The Executive Producer must have thorough communication styles, be able to effectively produce video at scale and on short notice and have a passion for the digital video landscape and the mission of our brand.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work and list of credits.
What You'll Do:
• Develop and execute Oprah Daily's digital video strategy
• Execute efficient and fluid shoots, directing/producing all talent and crew
• Brainstorm new video, show and series ideas
• Work with existing IP to develop new video concepts
• Write loglines, treatments, beat sheets and shot lists
• Deliver projects on time, under budget, with a keen attention to detail
• Oversee all bookings
• Manage budget, crew logistics, transportation, and media delivery for production
Who You Are:
• You have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
• You have extensive experience working with A-List talent on camera, as well as celebrity producers and directors.
• You have a minimum 10 year's creative production experience and a well-rounded list of credits and clips, demonstrating experience in both traditional and digital video landscapes.
• You have a passion for multiple genres.
• You have a deep knowledge of the digital landscape and prestige digital production.
• You have an exceptional eye for lighting and visual elements.
• You are deadline driven and results oriented.
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are a problem solver by nature.
• You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and are well-versed in common production jargon.
• You have a passion for the Oprah Daily vision and a commitment to its mission.