Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Originals continues to experience record growth across its slate of episodic digital series, including ELLE's ''Song Association,'' Harper's BAZAAR's ''Go to Bed With Me,'' Men's Health's ''Gym & Fridge,'' O, The Oprah Magazine's ''The OG Chronicles,'' Delish's ''Iconic Eats'' and the popular lifestyle YouTube channels, Clevver News and Clevver Style. Hearst Studios is looking for incredible Executive Producers to join our growing video team.
Our executive producers are primarily responsible for overseeing our long-form and platform-specific video content across verticals. You are web-savvy, creative, comfortable experimenting with new ideas and formats, and adept at collaborating with journalists, producers, audience development teams, and cultivating new talent for projects. You'll juggle multiple projects in various stages of development, and are constantly monitoring the digital landscape for new trends in short-form and social video that might work for Hearst. Throughout the process you are partnering with platform, brand leads, analytics, audience development and other digital executives to ensure that our video projects are resonating with our online audience and meeting traffic goals. You are a problem solver who sees the whole picture of the project starting with the story to the logistics to the finished product. You are a team player who has had experience in the field and in post-production and has their finger on the pulse of all aspects of production. Must be proactive versus reactive, an effective multi-tasker, and have strong storytelling instincts.
• Manage and supervise over a staff of producers/associate producers working on projects and series.
• Manage multiple creative assignments in a hands-on fashion during all stages of development, from ideation through post-production.
• Partner with the Production Management and brand leads to ensure all logistics, budgets, and deadlines are met through post-production.
• Manage scheduling, coordination, workflow, and deadlines for multiple projects and shoots simultaneously.
• Apply technical, editorial and creative storytelling expertise during all stages of production.
• Work with digital leadership to develop and iterate on digital video strategy and manage social channels with an emphasis on YouTube
• Help lead the idea generation and development new video series across platforms and brands with an emphasis on YouTube and longer form programming
• Work closely with digital editorial team on translating ideas from reporters and editors into successful video content
• 9 years experience in video, with at least two years working on digital video content
• A firm understanding of the entire production process, from pitch to publish, and ideally work experience that spans several of those steps
• Concrete experience working on multiple platforms beyond O&O, such as YouTube and Facebook
• Strong leadership and organizational skills and an eye for talent (both behind and in front of the camera)
• A strong foundation and experience in incorporating analytics into workflow