Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Autos is seeking an Executive Editor for Road & Track.
Hearst Autos is seeking an editor with a love for all aspects of car culture and a deep understanding of enthusiast media. The ideal candidate is an editor who is comfortable working across several platforms who knows how to package stories for R&T's readership.
Based in New York and reporting to the Editor in Chief of Road & Track, the Executive Editor will work with the entire R&T staff, as well as freelancers, to write, assign, and edit stories for the web and print. The Executive Editor will also work alongside the Editor in Chief on initiatives to extend the reach of the brand.
• Assign and edit stories across print and digital.
• Work with our pool of freelancers and contractors to establish opportunities for future stories and features.
• Think across platforms to tell stories in multiple forms of media including print, digital, and video.
• Establish new opportunities and partnerships to extend the R&T brand.
• Attend events on behalf of the brand.
• Have an innate understanding of the Road & Track brand
• Collaborate with other Hearst properties to stay on top of current content trends, share best practices and be a part of the editorial community
• At least 5 years of experience in digital and magazine media
• Interest in cars, car culture, and knowledge of R&T's vast history.
• Experience managing a team and planning a content strategy
• Knowledge of what a car enthusiast audience wants to see in print, digital, on video, and beyond.
• Creative thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life. Open to experimenting with content types and using analytics to switch up strategy when something is not working