Executive Editor, Car and Driver
Hearst MagazinesAnn Arbor, MI
Full Time Job
Car and Driver is looking for an enterprising, innovative editor who wants to be an integral part of the brand's future to create and commission content for both digital and print. The Executive Editor will work alongside the Digital Director, the Print Director, and the Editor in Chief on initiatives to grow and expand the brand across platforms.
This position is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan and reports to the Editor In Chief of Car and Driver.
• Work with writers across platforms to improve clarity, style, and cohesiveness
• Think across platforms to find the best way to tell compelling stories
• Understand how to write complex topics in clear, easy-to-understand language, and coach writers on how to do that themselves
• Collaborate with other Hearst properties to stay on top of current content trends, share best practices, and be a part of the editorial community
• At least 10 years' experience in automotive journalism, with at least 5 years managing a team of writers and editors
• Obsession with car culture, the auto industry, and in the Car and Driver brand
• Experience coaching writers to think clearly about their stories, to focus on the audience, and experiment with different ways of storytelling
• Creative thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life
• Open to experimenting with content types and using analytics to inform decisions
• Bachelor's degree
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work
Hearst Autos brings together engaging content, unrivaled data and insights, innovative consumer products and comprehensive marketing solutions to serve automotive manufacturers, dealers, enthusiasts and buyers. By combining the entire portfolio of Hearst brands, including Car and Driver and Road & Track, with the extended reach of In-Market partners, Hearst Autos reaches 163 million people every month as the nation's most influential automotive media company.