Entertainment Manager, Hearst Talent Team
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines is seeking an Entertainment Manager to book talent and celebrities for our in-house branded content studio, HearstMade. This person should have a passion for pop culture and entertainment across all media – music, television, film, theater, and sports – with strong contacts and relationships in these worlds. Ideal candidates will have a keen understanding of current events, the entertainment industry, and all facets of the talent procurement process (contract negotiation, talent fees, usage rights, managing deliverables, etc).
The Entertainment Manager will be an integral member of the Talent Team and will report to the Executive Director of Talent.
• Spearhead celebrity bookings for branded content programs across multiple verticals, including print, video, and digital campaigns
• Work closely with HearstMade edit teams and account directors to help ideate campaigns and propose, cast, and book celebrities for branded content projects
• Negotiate celebrity contracts and deal memos, and oversee talent during production to ensure all deliverables are secured
• Build talent agent/manager relationships on behalf of HearstMade
• Participate in celebrity meet-and-greets with the Talent Team
• At least 3-5 years as a talent booker with branded content and editorial experience
• Deep network of contacts in the entertainment field (i.e. talent agents, commercial agents, managers, publicists, record labels, etc)
• Extensive experience with all aspects of contractual talent booking (i.e., executing contracts, talent negotiations, music clearances, content usage, invoicing, etc.)
• Must have experience booking celebrities for branded content with a strong understanding of appropriate pricing/fee structure for various activations
• Must be innovative, experimental, and collaborative
• Comfortable using digital metrics
• Good judgment as to what works to drive audience and buzz
Candidates must apply with a resume in .doc or .pdf format.