Editorial Assistant, Thepioneerwoman.Com
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/10/2023 6:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editorial Assistant, Thepioneerwoman.Com jobs in New York-NY
Search all Editorial Assistant, Thepioneerwoman.Com postings
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S.-including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics-inspires, entertains, and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social, and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology, and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
PioneerWoman.com is looking for their next Editorial Assistant. This entry-level opportunity is ideal for a strong writer who's crazy for food, lifestyle, and Food Network star Ree Drummond's brand.You'll work with the Digital Director, Deputy Editor, and Senior Editor to write high-performing SEO content daily; but we'll look to you for fresh new ideas, as well. You'll need to be a fast learner who wants to strengthen your skill set by working for a major women's brand. A sense of humor and a can-do attitude are a must!
Please note: For consideration for this position, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work. This is a full-time, New York City-based role.
What you'll do:
• Writing daily articles and galleries on lifestyle topics including food, e-commerce, home and DIY, holiday prep and decorating, and more.
• Pitching and writing newsy stories on brand-appropriate food, lifestyle, and entertainment trends.
• Assisting the Senior Editor with various social media tasks as needed.
• Building print stories and recipes from The Pioneer Woman magazine as needed.
• Syndicating/cloning articles from other Hearst brands.
• Managing various production and administrative duties, such as freelance contracts, building freelance stories, and invoicing.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or communications.
• Previous experience writing lifestyle-related content, either in an internship, or in a freelance or full-time position.
• Strong writing and grammar skills.
• Experience with basic HTML, content management systems, social media scheduling systems, and other basic digital production tools.
• Proven ability to multitask, be organized, and follow deadlines.
• A familiarity and passion for The Pioneer Woman brand, and an excitement to contribute to her site.
The base salary for this role is $60,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.