Editorial Assistant, Good Housekeeping.Com
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
GoodHousekeeping.com is seeking an editorial assistant to join the dynamic editorial team behind one of the world's largest women's lifestyle magazines.
Reporting to the Deputy Editor, the editorial assistant will pitch, write, and produce digital content across all of the brand's key beats, including entertainment news, as well as assist with SEO content updates, social media scheduling, and various editorial administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate is super organized, a clean writer with a distinct voice, and highly interested in the women's lifestyle space.
• Pitch and write 3-5 original pieces daily - including articles, slideshows, and listicles - primarily covering celebrity and entertainment news, as well as home, holidays, beauty, health, products, and more
• Assist other editors with key editorial production tasks, including building stories, syndicating content, sourcing and optimizing images, research and fact-checking
• Assist with programming for Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
• Execute on SEO-driven priorities and updates
• Manage various production and administrative duties, as needed
• Attend and cover press previews and other industry events
• Previous experience writing lifestyle content for a website or magazine, either from an internship or freelancing
• Previous experience with web publishing/CMS systems, as well as social media strategy
• A sense of humor and a clear, creative, and clean writing style
• A strong interest in entertainment and celebrity, as well as service content (home, food, health, holidays)
• Working knowledge of SEO best practices
• Experience with Photoshop, Google Analytics, and social scheduling tools a plusKeen ability to multi-task, stay organized and interact with multiple team members to take or give direction quickly
• Bachelor's degree
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work