E-Commerce & Merchandising Manager
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The E-Commerce & Merchandising Manager will be responsible for product sourcing, inventory management, merchandising, marketing, and sales growth for our merchandise business across all Hearst Magazine Media brands. This person will build strong relationships with suppliers (both wholesale & POD) and experience with a variety of e-commerce platforms. The ideal candidate has a strong pulse on the market and competition in order to identify opportunities that are brand appropriate. You must be detail oriented, organized and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks under aggressive timelines. This role will report into the Sr. Director of Consumer Revenue Partnerships.
• Work cross-functionally with our editorial, design, audience, affiliate commerce, and product studio teams on creating unique products that help consumers identify with our content & brands.
• Identify and prioritize key product categories for each media brand and project manage launch plans across teams.
• Responsible for reviewing stock to sales ratios, responding to changing sales trends, and ensuring future sales and markups are achieved by product category.
• Work with senior leadership on inventory management & budgeting for each product launch.
• Create and maintain monthly new products, editorial, and marketing calendar.
• Tightly collaborate with various teams to ensure products tie back to brand direction, email, social, brand stories, and seasonal moments.
• Leverage data and analytics to inform marketing & inventory strategy.
• Support design team to develop appropriate layouts and specs per product category.
• 3 years in e-commerce / merchandising / consumer products.
• Experience with e-commerce platforms including Amazon Seller Marketplace, Shopify, Magento, etc.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Strong familiarity with our media brands and content.
• Ability to conceptualize, direct and execute ideas that will drive business results.
• Knowledge of competitive landscape and utilizes to keep us competitive
• Ability to prioritize against immediate business requirements
• Proficient with Microsoft Office & Google tools.
• Familiar with design tools such as Photoshop, Indesign, etc.