Director, Video Engagement & Growth
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Originals ideo series, including ELLE's ''Song Association,'' Men's Health's ''Gym & Fridge,'' O, The Oprah Magazine's ''The OG Chronicles,'' Delish's ''Iconic Eats'' and the popular lifestyle YouTube channels, Clevver News and Clevver Style. Hearst Originals is looking for a dynamic person to spearhead our video audience development efforts, working closely with our iconic portfolio of brands (Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Seventeen, etc.). Reporting to the SVP, Head of Video Development and Strategy, this new leadership role will establish best practices for channel optimization, spearhead new audience growth initiatives, and manage a group of video strategists to drive insights that grow our audience to our video-first creative efforts, on site and social (with a special focus on YouTube).
Ideal candidates should be obsessed with a wide range of content providers, working with many brands and all things digital. We are looking for someone with a track record of building video audiences and engagement on several platforms and experience offering data-driven decision-making and insights to creative teams. Our ideal is someone who has innovative ideas on how to attain, grow, and maintain a video audience across multiple platforms.
• Use data-driven analysis to inform all aspects of a video's lifecycle: ideation, publishing strategies, and optimization
• Work with video teams to achieve monthly view and engagement goals across multiple platforms, site and social
• Build and manage a group of audience development strategists to lead and implement content best practices, facilitate insights and standardize methodologies across the portfolio
• Drive audience growth and engagement on a continuously-growing slate of YouTube channels, with particular focus on views and average view duration
• Define and oversee best practices around of tagging, titling, metadata, thumbnails and more for all video assets
• Partner with the analytics team to develop and evolve reporting, perform competitive analysis, onboard vendors or reporting tools and more.
• Expertise implementing successful content strategies on many platforms including YouTube, Owned and Operated sites, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
• Ability to work on several brands and platforms at once in a fast-paced environment
• Comfort and experience working with multiple stakeholders within a matrixed environment
• Familiarity with social research tools
• Deep expertise in YouTube Analytics
• Ability to propose and help implement actionable, data-driven strategies
• Ability to create and analyze reports using key metrics to drive overall social strategy
• Strong leader equally comfortable thinking big picture and small details
Candidates must submit their resume in .pdf format to be considered.