Director Of Product Management, Monetization
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/27/2021 5:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for Director Of Product Management, Monetization jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director Of Product Management, Monetization postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Of Product Management, Monetization? Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, Car and Driver, Road & Track, Runner's World, and many more. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing media for the 21st century.
We are seeking an outstanding Director of Product Management who desires an exciting career challenge building a world-class digital media platform. You will work with world-renowned magazine brands including Men's Health, Bicycling, Runner's World, ELLE, and Cosmopolitan. Ideal candidates possess big-picture vision yet the drive and attention to detail to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers and evangelizing their needs. You balance strategic thinking with outstanding execution – holding yourself and your team accountable to delivering successful outcomes. You enjoy solving complex business problems at the core of the digital transformation of a world-leading media company.
As Director of Product Management, Monetization, you will lead a team to define and deliver revenue and traffic optimization strategies across the Hearst stable of media properties. You will develop innovative on-site advertising solutions, evolve programmatic performance systems, and create advertising operations and campaign management tools for the hundreds of sites on Hearst's MediaOS publishing platform.
You will work closely with the Advertising Operations, Advertising Sales, and Data Studio groups - balancing quality consumer experiences with long-term value generation and operational efficiency. You will leverage the scale and resources of a successful, well-known business combined with the nimbleness and forward-looking feel of a startup.
This position can be based in New York, San Francisco or work remotely from states across the U.S.
What you'll do
• Develop strategies and execute plans to drive revenue and scale the business – directing a holistic, integrated product strategy across the Ad Experience and Ad Tools portfolios.
• Own overall metrics: effective RPM (Revenue per thousand pageviews) and operational efficiency of the Revenue Operations group.
• Build, lead, grow and motivate a team of high-output Product Managers.
• Analyze, determine and prioritize target customer, end-user, and internal stakeholder needs.
• Define and communicate a product roadmap aligned with company objectives, and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to build momentum and alignment, and shepherd product concepts through execution, validation and adoption.
• Ensure appropriate customer research, usability testing and rapid prototyping. Improve revenue while maintaining a valuable, engaging and enjoyable end-user experience.
• Document, validate and prioritize product specifications within an Agile/SCRUM development environment.
• Coordinate go-to-market launch and post-launch activities. Gather customer feedback to validate that the product meets stated metrics. Prioritize and deliver necessary enhancements.
Who you are
• You have 8 years in Internet/Web product management, with at least 5 years expertise in programmatic advertising, ad tools and/or digital media platforms.
• You have 3 years building and managing teams of at least five or more independent-contributor Product Managers, across all levels of seniority.
• You have a Bachelors degree or equivalent is required. An MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• You have extensive knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem and related emerging technologies and trends.
• You have a proven track record of full responsibility through the product lifecycle in a fast-paced, Agile environment. Has shipped highly successful products.
• You have extensive cross-functional and senior stakeholder exposure and management.
• Leadership. Takes responsibility from inception to outcomes. Determines needs, aligns priorities, delivers to market, measures outcomes, and seeks to build upon success.
• Customer focused. Deeply understands the market and unmet needs. Loves to create and deliver outstanding products that delight customers and passionate for constant innovation.
• Highly collaborative. Builds trust and strong relationships at all levels, influences without formal authority, pushes back when appropriate, earns respect, and respects the contributions of others.
• Excellent communicator. Articulates the product strategy and roadmap, structures the problem at hand, experienced and comfortable gaining alignment and in presenting to senior executives.
• Strategic thinker. Understands business objectives and converts them into clear product plans, follows through with execution.
• Analytic and results orientated. Uses hard data to assess opportunities, metrics driven, ruthless in prioritization, overcomes obstacles to drive business outcomes.
• Driven and motivates others. Takes initiative, sets context, listens and finds compromises, drives for clarity, relentless, hard-working, self-accountable.
• Understands technology and keeps current with the latest trends. Works with implementation teams to adapt to technical constraints without compromising end-user solutions.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. Thrives in a fast-paced environment, concurrently manages multiple initiatives, remains optimistic. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.