Director, Business Development
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/3/2022 8:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Director, Business Development jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Business Development postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Director, Business Development on our Consumer Products & Partnerships team who is data-driven, solution-oriented to drive forward new business opportunities across the group. This would include qualifying, prospecting, negotiating, and supporting the transition of new opportunities to business leads.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical skillset, experience working on a variety of partnerships and vendors in a media/technology organization, and a proven ability to effectively communicate and present to cross-functional stakeholders.
You are highly ambitious, passionate about digital media and entrepreneurial in nature. You can think outside the box, take on initiatives, and lead an idea from inception to implementation. You are a team player and willing to roll up your sleeves for the benefit of the group. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with salary requirements.
What you'll do:
• Identify, structure, negotiate, and close deals of all sizes with media companies, entertainment agencies, and technology partners.
• Prioritize and support company-wide initiatives across key platform partners and vendors.
• Collaborate closely with product, engineering, marketing, business, and legal teams throughout the lifecycle of a deal and champion objectives of the deal across the organization.
• Evaluate strategic partnerships and initiative opportunities by performing a range of quantitative and qualitative analyses. Demonstrate strong quantitative skills by building financial models that unlock the best return on investment for partnerships.
• Create and participate in strategic presentations to senior executives inside and outside the organization
Who you are:
• 6 years of relevant experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles at a media or technology company Excellent quantitative skills, particularly using Microsoft Excel
• Ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, as well as a strong record of driving high-value operationally based partnerships
• Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
• You have extensive experience leading strategy projects and developing implementation plans
• Team player, ability to be flexible, work with, and learn from many different partners
• Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.