Design Assistant, Men's Health
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NOTE: For consideration, please submit a resume in PDF format, along with salary requirements and a link to a portfolio of work
The Design Assistant's primary focus will be on print design, but may include web, e-commerce, and internal materials. We're looking for someone to produce vivid, authentic, clear, and exciting designs that engage our audience. The ideal candidate is extremely organized and detail-oriented, able to manage several projects at a time, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll do
• Work with the creative director and design staff to create bold and effective designs of all types of content for the three Enthusiast Group brands
• Produce all designs and original material on an aggressive budget and production schedule
• Manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
What you'll bring
• At least 1 to 2 years of professional experience providing design content in a competitive and deadline-driven design environment for media or other brands
• A working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• A high level of design sophistication and strong typography skills
• Ability to manage feedback from multiple parties and deal with fast-changing priorities
• A willingness to work flexible hours, as needed
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
About Men's Health
Men's Health is the world's largest men's magazine brand, helping men who want greater control over their physical, mental, and emotional lives. We give men the tools they need to make their lives better through in-depth reporting, covering everything from fashion and grooming to health and nutrition as well as cutting-edge gear, the latest entertainment, timely features and more. We're looking for a Design Assistant to help with the creation, production, and distribution of design solutions across all of our platforms.