Data Visualization Specialist
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Data Studio team at Hearst is seeking a creative and experienced data visualization specialist with a strong and varied technical background.
The Data Studio supports Sales, Marketing and Content as well as data products within Hearst ecosystem. At our core, we support data products and relationships across the tech organization, designing products that help support analytics with the help of Data Engineering, and maintain our suite of tools to power internal end users less familiar with the power and capability of data.
About The Job
• Design, architect, and enhance Hearst's analytics and insights offering for internal and client facing solutions.
• Collaborate with marketing and sales teams during pre-sale and post-sale campaign across Hearst Digital Media
• Developing processes and standards that lend themselves well to automation.
• Collaborate with the business in order to gather and document business requirements and functional specifications.
• Creating analytics tools that standardize our analytics processes and enable decision making.
• Experience with data visualization tools such as DOMO or Tableau
• Comfortable in large and diverse datasets and designing/building high performance data intensive front-end solutions using a blend of tables and visualizations.
• Python and essential data libraries like pandas, sci-kit, and flask.
• Database experience for strategizing best ways to store data
• UX background with an ability to provide coherent, story-telling visualizations
• Experience with media, data management platform and publishing data is a plus