Custom Research Manager
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst Data Studio is looking for a strong Custom Research Manager to work on audience and reader engagement insights across the entire Hearst Magazine print and digital portfolio. The individual in this role will manage and help execute many aspects of editorial research projects, working directly with the edit and management teams. This position will be based in NY and report to the Associate Director of Custom Research.
What you'll do:
• Conceptualize custom editorial research projects, outline objectives, recommend methodologies and determine sample selection for best results.
• Work with vendors to establish goals, meet deadlines and ensure all necessary materials are available
• Quality control: check surveys, links and resulting data for accuracy
• Track progress of projects and troubleshoot any issues that may arise
• Evaluate data to extract compelling diagnostic insights
• Help design and populate data decks with final results in Powerpoint
• Synthesize and share findings with editorial and other research stakeholders
Who you are:
• Minimum 2-3 years of prior consumer research experience; previous work in media is a big plus
• Comfortable working cross-functionally across departments and teams
• A team player who is able to work independently
• Must be an excellent communicator – both orally and in writing
• Should be strategic, organized, have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
• Experience with PowerPoint and Excel is essential
• A bit of a data geek with strong attention to detail would be ideal
• A lover of media and storytelling