Copy & Research Chief
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/15/2021 8:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Copy & Research Chief jobs in New York-NY
Search all Copy & Research Chief postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Copy & Research Chief?
Full Time Job
Copy & Research Chief, Oprah Daily
Oprah Daily, the new multiplatform lifestyle brand from Oprah Winfrey and Hearst Magazines, seeks a copy & research chief to maintain the highest standards of accuracy in our digital and print content. This role will involve copy-editing and researching/fact-checking stories on OprahDaily.com and in the O Quarterly print publication for consistency in style, structure, and precision. The ideal candidate is passionate about excellence and accuracy in grammar, journalism, and storytelling; skilled at communicating and collaborating with editors, writers, and producers in a fast-paced, high-volume environment; and has high proficiency copy-editing following both AP and in-house style.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter and salary requirements.
What you'll do:
• Safeguard the reputation of the brand through excellent research and copy-editing skills
• Collaborate closely with editors, producers, and writers to produce high-quality and accurate copy and related digital assets
• Fact-check and copy-edit designated daily home page items and weekly features
• Copy-edit using AP and in-house style
• Hire and oversee freelance help to work on the quarterly and on occasional tentpole projects
• Establish and maintain OprahDaily.com's style guide
Who you are:
• 6 years of professional experience doing copy editing and fact-checking/research at a major media brand
• 1 year of management experience
• Deadline-driven and results-oriented, with exceptional attention to detail
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent command of AP style and other copy & research standards
• Familiarity with InCopy, common digital CMS systems, and/or the ability to learn new systems quickly
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, or a related field
• Passion for the mission of OprahDaily.com: making it a daily practice to live your best life