Hearst MagazinesEaston, PA
Full Time Job
Commerce Manager, Enthusiast Brands
Hearst Magazines is looking for a Commerce Manager to help drive our commerce and affiliate marketing initiatives across our growing and diverse portfolio of titles, with a focus on our Enthusiast group including: Runner's World, Bicycling, Popular Mechanics, and Best Products. This position will report to the VP of Commerce.
The ideal candidate is ready to roll up his or her sleeves and lead brainstorms, dig into data, and develop strategic insights to help us answer questions such as:
• What content is most efficiently converting readers into purchasers in these categories online and why?
• What are the potential growth areas we haven't tapped into yet?
• What brand partners should we be working with and how?
• What tools do our teams need to more effectively generate commerce revenue?
• What products and services are our readers interested in right now and how do we capitalize on that?
What you'll do:
• Research & recommend new affiliate partnerships in relevant product categories
• Have a deep understanding of our existing commerce partnerships, tools, and offerings; communicate these to potential partners and internal stakeholders
• Track performance of commerce content and partnerships; share feedback with editors and monitor gains and losses
• Edit and optimize content in real time to ensure maximum revenue success
• Work with editorial teams to develop, test, and track new content franchises and share learnings to other teams across the org
• Work closely with cross-functional teams, including audience, business development, editorial, product, marketing, and more to develop new projects and vet opportunities
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree
• 2 years experience in a business development, content strategy, or marketing role, preferably at a digital media or e-commerce company
• Highly detail and solutions-oriented, approaches problems creatively
• Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and is comfortable working independently
• Well-versed in building strong relationships with colleagues and explaining complex topics in simple terms
• Experienced in analyzing data, interpreting results, and building digestible reports in Excel, Google Slides, and other BI tools