Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/21/2022 8:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Commerce Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Commerce Editor postings
Full Time Job
Commerce Editor, Thepioneerwoman.Com
Hearst Magazines is seeking a commerce editor to spearhead e-commerce strategy, produce and edit SEO stories, and manage newsletter publication for one of its fastest-growing lifestyle sites: ThePioneerWoman.com. You'll oversee production of commerce-focused lifestyle stories and gift guides as well as evergreen commerce features with an added focus on meticulously optimizing stories for search.
The commerce editor will report to the site's digital director, and s/he will also contribute to the overall editorial strategy by pitching package and feature ideas, working with freelance writers, and more. Core to this role is an understanding of and passion for the lifestyle space-food, fashion, home, holiday-and a desire to grow the site's e-commerce business.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do:
• Manage the ThePioneerWoman.com's commerce strategy, overseeing gift guides, shopping features, and other commerce-focused lifestyle stories
• Monitor analytics daily, weekly, and monthly to help grow revenue numbers across all channels
• Collaborate with other Hearst commerce stakeholders to learn about and communicate new best practices to the team
• Pitch and write multiple daily stories, often with a commerce lens
• Provide commerce-focused KPI reporting and insights on a monthly basis
• Work with the Hearst newsletter team to program the brand's newsletters, strategically populating them with top-performing stories from all verticals
Who You Are:
• You have 4 to 5 years of post-grad digital media experience in the consumer lifestyle space
• Excellent writing skills and a fun ''voice'' that aligns with The Pioneer Woman brand
• A strong service-journalism sensibility and keen line-editing and digital packaging skills
• Experience with and genuine passion for the growing lifestyle commerce space
• An expert understanding of or appreciation for analytical tools that relate to this role, such as Google Analytics and Looker
• Strong visual and photo research skills
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.